Complete our easy registration for your desired course. Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email with further details on how to prepare for your course, and instructions for connecting into the course on the day.
Before your course begins you will be able to download your class files, print any required documents and install where needed and configure conferencing software on your device/s.
3. Trial connection.
You will receive by email an invitation to a trial connection event on a specified date and time a few days before the course. Contact us if you cannot make the trial connection event; we will do our best to work out an alternative time for you to connect to make sure everything is working correctly.
If you run into any trouble, don’t worry, we can help.
4. Join your course
On the day, during the thirty minutes before the scheduled start time of your course, you will connect into your virtual Zoom conference room, be greeted by your facilitator, chat with other learners, and at the scheduled time commence your learning.
- Live expert instruction: The class is intended for online delivery. Everyone in your class including your facilitator is connected via a live web conference facility (Zoom for open courses, by arrangement for in-house training).
- Courseware: Paid-up and approved-account delegates will receive, in advance, high-quality versions of the course materials in an electronic/digital format. Model solutions for the many workshops will be provided electronically and discussed online during the course, for most workshops aided by shared graphics.
- Desktop sharing: Gives learners an up-close view of a facilitator-controlled learning desktop to illustrate and help understanding of concepts, receive workshop instructions, share and discuss workshop results with the facilitator, and discuss notes and diagrams drawn real-time by the facilitator in dialog with learners.
- Visibility of participants: Learners and the facilitator will normally be able to see each other, the person speaking is visible to everyone else. Learners with a low-speed internet connection may use an option to disable this facility, as may the facilitator.
- Document sharing: The facilitator is able to share PDFs and other files that learners can download, view and use in real-time or in the future.
- Discussions: Learners can “raise their hand” virtually to get the facilitator’s attention.
- Breakout Rooms: Learners can work in teams, ask questions and have a private discussion with the facilitator.
Q? Is the course pre-recorded training videos?
No, our Live-Online training is not pre-recorded training videos.
Each course provides live training delivered by our expert facilitators in real-time. With our Live-Online training, you will be in the classroom virtually, you will see and hear the facilitator, view course graphics, take notes, interact with the facilitator, ask questions, hear other learners’ questions, interact with other learners and take part in the many workshops as a member of a workshop team of typically three or four people.
Q? Do I need to download software to participate?
Yes, you will need to download Zoom on your chosen device/s, if you do not already have Zoom on your device. A free download and installation will provide the functionality that you need.
Q? Do I need anything other than my computer with Zoom installed, and an internet connection?
Your computer will need to have a working camera. For audio, you may use computer audio and video, or you may prefer to use headphones.
We recommend that you maintain a cellphone, landline, Skype, or WhatsApp link at hand, capable of accepting domestic and international calls. We will ask you in the registration process for the number. If you use a headset, you should check that it is set up correctly and the headset is working.
You should also have some means of taking notes and drawing diagrams. For efficiency of time, an A4 or Letter size notepad will probably be best.
Q? Where is the course facilitator located?
The facilitator delivers the training course live from one of our studios worldwide.
Q? How will I participate and receive assistance?
Using a microphone/headset or computer audio, you can listen to and speak with your facilitator, while normally being able to see each other and other learners, so getting involved is really easy. Simply ask a question using your microphone, or alternatively, if you prefer to raise questions or comments to your facilitator via chat or email, you can do that too.
Q: Is the Zoom platform secure?
Zoom has added a number of features to its platform to ensure that that classrooms are secure. PPI is following best practises to ensure the security of our virtual classrooms including enabling the waiting room feature and requiring a password to ensure that only permitted guests join the class.
Q? Are there any setup requirements for my computer?
The computer needs to route:
- the audio input from the microphone, and
- the audio output to the headphones.
The setup is:
- Plug in the headset
- Click on the small speaker icon at the right of the Task Bar. If it’s not there, click the upward-facing arrowhead that opens the System Tray.
- Choose the headset by name.
- Plug in the headset
- Apple menu > System Preferences
- Choose Output and select the headset
- Choose Input and select the headset
Please set up and check out the audio before connecting to PPI Live-Online.