Introduction to Requirements Analysis
Learn via this 1-day short course about highly effective tools for both the capture and validation of requirements.
Get Started Today
View the schedule and register your interest.
Make an Enquiry
Whether you have a question or are looking to find out more about our training options then please get in touch with us below.
Requirements analysis is a discipline practiced by many, mastered by surprisingly few. And yet, the payoff from achieving excellence in this area is huge.
This short Requirements Analysis course addresses highly effective tools for both the capture of requirements, and for validation of those requirements, in any scenario involving the receipt of requirements from one or more stakeholders who have a need. Effectiveness of the techniques, collectively comprising a complete methodology, is independent of the domain of application, and independent of the specifics of the need. The techniques which are taught have been used with great success in many different requirements scenarios.
- This course qualifies with Engineers Australia and IPENZ for CPD (8 hours)
- This course may be credited toward the maintenance of the INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) certification for 8 Professional Development Units
- This course may qualify for CPD, CLP and similar purposes with other organizations (8 instructor hours)
- Some other programs may qualify for credits – please check with us if you are unsure
THIS COURSE IS AVAILABLE FOR CORPORATE TRAINING ONLY.
Key Learning Objectives
At the conclusion of this course, delegates are expected to:
- have a familiarity with “THE REQUIREMENTS PROBLEM”
- be aware of the existence of effective and efficient methods of addressing that problem
- understand the general concepts of an effective approach.
Delegates are not expected to have substantial skills in performing requirements analysis.
Training Method and Materials
A workshop approach is combined with presentation segments to lead delegates through a complete requirements analysis for a single physical system.
Delegates will be provided with:
- a set of bound course notes covering the presentation material and workshop exercises
- a Workshop Workbook
- other materials and checklists for future reference and use
- complimentary access to PPI's evolving Systems Engineering Goldmine
0. Why Emphasize Requirements
- lessons from projects
1. Requirements Within the System Life Cycle
- defining the problem domain
- the origin of requirements
- requirements, needs, measures of effectiveness, goals, expectations, constraints
3. Types of Requirements
- eight basic types and their significance
- differences for software
- differences for services
4. The Quality of Requirements
- requirements quality attributes
- freedom from process
- functional orientation
5. Requirements Analysis Methodology
- context analysis
- workshop - context analysis
- design requirements analysis
- workshop - design requirements analysis
- states & modes analysis
- requirements parsing analysis
- requirements quality metrics
- workshop - parsing analysis
- functional analysis
- workshop - functional analysis
- measuring requirements quality
- rest of scenario analysis
- ERA analysis
- out-of-range analysis
- stakeholder value analysis
- operational concept description
6. Management of Requirements Analysis
- managing resolution of requirements issues