Ian is a Certified Project Management Professional (PMBOK) and a highly experienced management and governance specialist who has lived and breathed the application of information technology for over 25 years. He specializes in procurement, development, installation, management, operation, and maintenance of information management and technology systems, and government enterprise applications.
He has managed programs and projects in areas such as business transformation, applications development, IT managed operations and outsourced services, transition and technology insertion projects, and contracted software development activities. He has extensive experience in business process re-engineering, process maturity, risk assessment, change management, IT governance, and systems and software development.
He has worked on large and complex IT and Capital Equipment Acquisition projects for the Department of Defence, Department of Human Services, Centrelink, the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR), the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, the Department of Veterans Affairs, Unisys, EDS and IBM Global Services. His positions included organizational change manager, program manager, project director, transition manager, project manager, requirements specialist, capability development document developer, training manager, trainer, test manager, test architect, tester and test management consultant.
Ian has lectured at the Australian National University delivering Project Management and Software Engineering courses. Ian also delivers commercial training courses on Software Systems Engineering and Project Management.
From 1998 to 2012 Ian was a contributor to Standards Australia and ISO Software Engineering, and IT Governance standards development.
Ian currently delivers project management courses and consultancy services for Project Performance International.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMBOK/PMI)
- Graduate Diploma in Information Systems (with Distinction)
- Diploma in Applied Science (Electronic Systems)
- Diploma in Front Line Management
- Associate Diploma in Liberal Studies (Adult Education)
- Electronics and Communications Diploma
- Advanced Certificate in Vocational Training Systems
- Certificate of Computer Maintenance
- ISTQB Tester Certificate
- Benefits Management Foundation Certificate.
- Project & Program Planning
- Project & Program Management
- Project & Program Governance
- Project & Program Assurance
- Change Management
- Benefits Management
- Business & Systems Analysis
- Business Process Re-engineeering
- Transition Management
- Risk Management
- Software Development
- IT Infrastructure
- Requirements Management
- Testing & Test Management
- Quality Systems Management
- Training Development and Management.