Systems Engineering FAQ

Read interesting and informative short articles relevant to systems engineering and projects.

Basis of Justifiable Verification Costs

Share

Share on linkedin
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on email

90% probability of compliance vs. 10% of not
Non-compliance will cost us $10mil
Cost risk = 10% of $10mil = $1mil

If we verify, we will reduce the loss to $1mil
If non-compliant
Cost risk = 10% of $1mil = $100k
So risk reduction = $900k

Any verification costing less than $900k that, with certainty, would detect non-compliance would add value.

If there is uncertainty of the verification activity discovering the non-compliance, say 50% probability, we would be justified in spending up to 50% of $900k; 10%: 10% of $900k, etc.

Share

Share on linkedin
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on email

 

2105_PPI-WEB_Ad-template

Make 2022 A Year of Learning Improvement

PPI's 2022 full course schedule is now live. Click here and register your interest today!

PPI_Logo_Symbol_Only.png
FREE Monthly SE Industry News?
Scroll to Top